March 22 Hymns
The King of Love My Shepherd Is
1. The King of love my shepherd is, whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am his and he is mine forever.
2. Where streams of living water flow, my ransomed soul he leadeth
and, where the verdant pastures grow, with food celestial feedeth.
3. Perverse and foolish oft I strayed, but yet in love he sought me,
and on his shoulder gently laid, and home, rejoicing, brought me.
4. In death's dark vale I fear no ill, with thee, dear Lord, beside me,
thy rod and staff my comfort still; thy cross before to guide me.
5. Thou spreadst a table in my sight; thine unction grace bestoweth;
and, oh, what transport of delight from thy pure chalice floweth!
6. And so, through all the length of days, thy goodness faileth never.
Good Shepherd, may I sing thy praise within thy house forever.
Text: Henry W. Baker, 1821-1877
O Lord, Hear My Prayer
1. O Lord, hear my prayer, O Lord, hear my prayer:
when I call, answer me.
2. O Lord, hear my prayer, O Lord, hear my prayer:
come and listen to me.
3. The Lord is my song, the Lord is my praise:
all my hope comes from God.
4. The Lord is my song, the Lord is my praise:
God, the wellspring of life.
Text: Psalm 102:1-2; Taizé Community, adapt.
Text © 1982, 1991 Les Presses de Taizé, GIA Publications, Inc., agent. 7404 S. Mason Ave., Chicago, IL 60638. www.giamusic.com.
Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound
1. Amazing grace! how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found; was blind, but now I see.
2. 'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved;
how precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed!
3. Through many dangers, toils, and snares I have already come;
'tis grace has brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home.
4. The Lord has promised good to me; his word my hope secures;
he will my shield and portion be as long as life endures.
Text: John Newton, 1725-1807, alt., sts. 1-4; anonymous, st. 5